The Sonia and Marco Nadler Institute of Archaeology of Tel Aviv University was founded in 1969 by the late Professor Yohanan Aharoni. It is a self-sufficient research facility with a Publications Section that provides the administrative and scientific assistance as well as the technical facilities necessary to carry out independent archaeological projects. These activities are sponsored mainly by the Sonia and Marco Nadler Fund and in part by the Friends of the Institute of Archaeology of Tel Aviv University.
Since its foundation, the Institute has been intensively involved in many major interdisciplinary archaeological projects. Excavation of sites such as Tel Aphek-Antipatris, Tel Arad, Tel Beersheba, Tel Beth-shemesh, Tel Hadar, Horvat Qitmit, Horvat ‘Uza, Tel ‘Ira, Tel Jezreel, Tel Gerisa, Jaffa, Kabri, Lachish, Tel Michal, Megiddo and others has contributed to a better understanding of the archaeology and historical-geography of biblical Israel. Currently the staff of the Institute is systematically digging at Megiddo, Tel Beth-shemesh, Tel Bet Yerah, Azekah, Apollonia-Arsuf, Yavneh-Yam and Tel Shimron.
Established in 1860 as a co-ed institution, Wheaton College, is a private, residential, and interdenominational Christian liberal arts college, where the pursuit of faith and learning is taken seriously. Wheaton College has offered a program in Biblical Archaeology for 60 years, and the Wheaton Archaeology Museum continues to maintain a teaching collection of more than twenty thousand artifacts from the Ancient Near East.